On Friday, April 7, scholars of Saint Augustine’s University (SAU) were celebrated for academic excellence during Honors Convocation. More than 200 scholars were applauded for standout academic achievement during the 2016 calendar year.
Recipients of the following awards and honors were recognized:
*Presidential Scholarship Recipients
*Alpha Kappa Mu Honor Society
*Alpha Phi Sigma Honor Society
*Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society
*Delta Mu Delta International Honor Society
*Early College Scholars
The convocation address was delivered by Dr. Gregory J. Vincent, Vice President for Diversity and Community Engagement at the University of Texas at Austin. In his closing remarks, Dr. Vincent stated the following to the honorees--
You all are the standard bearers for excellence. You’ve already demonstrated that in the classroom, but now comes the heavy lifting. Young people have always been our catalysts for change, look no further than the impact Dr. King made as a young preacher in Montgomery. I have immense faith in all of you. I ask that you channel your energy to create the change we all believe in. Search for Dr. King’s proverbial stars and grab them. I know that you all have it in you to make the impact that will change the world.
The faculty, staff and administration couldn’t be prouder of the hard work and dedication of the honorees.
Latest from Saint Augustine's University
- Professor Baucum earns doctorate
- Saint Augustine’s University wins $25,000 grant from the 100,000 Strong in the Americas/Marlene M. Johnson Innovation Challenge
- SAU student attends Why Serve Episcopalian Conference in Chicago
- Assistant Professor of International Studies awarded Ph.D. degree
- Dr. Kanton Reynolds announced AIEA Presidential Fellow