The School of Sciences, Mathematics and Engineering hosted the 12th Annual Research Day in Penick Hall of Science on Thursday, April 30. The School had 16 seniors who conducted research in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics field with faculty research mentors on-site at Saint Augustine’s University. Three additional students completed their year and a half long research at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences in Research Triangle Park. The students’ hard work and dedication were evident as they presented their work in either poster or oral format. Students were awarded certificates and monetary awards for best work.
The winners were as follows:
1st place for oral presentation: Tebogo Ndlovu
1st place for poster presentation: John’a Cooper
2nd place for poster presentation (tie): De’Asia Lewis and Nicole Sciortino
3rd place for poster presentation: Alexander Tucker
Latest from Saint Augustine's University
- Saint Augustine's University Student Receives MetLife Scholarship
- Remembering the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- SAU Men's Career Closet receives almost 1,000 items from Chi Rho Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha
- SAU Student Critically Injured in Columbia, S.C. Shooting
- Saint Augustine’s University HBCU Teaching Fellows Attends Kick-Off Meeting