Assistant Dean of the School of Sciences, Mathematics and Engineering and Associate Professor Dr. Doreen Cunningham was accepted to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences Educators of Excellence: Tropical Ecology Institute.
She was one of only twelve accepted from numerous applications within the state of North Carolina.
Since 1987, the Museum’s Educator of Excellence Institutes has provided exceptional educators with staff development opportunities that transform the way they view and teach natural sciences.
“This opportunity will allow me to study Belizean culture, ecosystem and biodiversity,” Cunningham said. “Furthermore, I will spend time in a Belizean classroom room and teach science principles to both students and teachers.”
Cunningham and the other participants will be Belize from July 21 to July 29, 2015.
Latest from Saint Augustine's University
- Saint Augustine’s University Convocation Celebrates Sesquicentennial and HBCU Week
- The 2017 Saint Augustine's Legacy Tour: Celebrating 150 Years
- SAU hosts community town hall on health care legislation
- The Welcoming of the Bishop
- Saint Augustine's University Appoints New Leadership for Adult Learning Program