Assistant Dean of the School of Sciences, Mathematics and Engineering and Associate Professor Dr. Doreen Cunningham was accepted to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences Educators of Excellence: Tropical Ecology Institute.
She was one of only twelve accepted from numerous applications within the state of North Carolina.
Since 1987, the Museum’s Educator of Excellence Institutes has provided exceptional educators with staff development opportunities that transform the way they view and teach natural sciences.
“This opportunity will allow me to study Belizean culture, ecosystem and biodiversity,” Cunningham said. “Furthermore, I will spend time in a Belizean classroom room and teach science principles to both students and teachers.”
Cunningham and the other participants will be Belize from July 21 to July 29, 2015.
Latest from Saint Augustine's University
- College Students Tackle Ethics and the Future of Community
- SAU Senior Accepted to Peace Corps Volunteer Program in Panama
- SAU Student Lands Internship with Department of Justice
- SAU Alumni Awarded UNCF Honors
- SAU Academic Bowl Team competes in Honda Campus All-Star Championship National Qualifying Tournament