Assistant Dean of the School of Sciences, Mathematics and Engineering and Associate Professor Dr. Doreen Cunningham was accepted to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences Educators of Excellence: Tropical Ecology Institute.
She was one of only twelve accepted from numerous applications within the state of North Carolina.
Since 1987, the Museum’s Educator of Excellence Institutes has provided exceptional educators with staff development opportunities that transform the way they view and teach natural sciences.
“This opportunity will allow me to study Belizean culture, ecosystem and biodiversity,” Cunningham said. “Furthermore, I will spend time in a Belizean classroom room and teach science principles to both students and teachers.”
Cunningham and the other participants will be Belize from July 21 to July 29, 2015.
Latest from Saint Augustine's University
- Saint Augustine's University Student Receives MetLife Scholarship
- Remembering the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- SAU Men's Career Closet receives almost 1,000 items from Chi Rho Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha
- SAU Student Critically Injured in Columbia, S.C. Shooting
- Saint Augustine’s University HBCU Teaching Fellows Attends Kick-Off Meeting