The Office of First Year Experience and the Center for Global Engagement and Leadership spearheaded a Stop the Hunger Now community service project on Thursday, April 30. Within two hours, SAU students packaged 5,000 meals. Each package contained six meals.
The Stop Hunger Now’s meal packaging program is a volunteer-based program that coordinates the streamlined packaging of highly nutritious dehydrated meals comprised of rice, soy, vegetables, flavoring and 21 essential vitamins and minerals. The program targets school feeding and transformational development programs. For more information about Stop Hunger Now, visit www.stophungernow.org.
Latest from Saint Augustine's University
- Sigma Tau Delta International English Honorary Society Induction Ceremony
- Saint Augustine's University Student Receives MetLife Scholarship
- Remembering the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- SAU Men's Career Closet receives almost 1,000 items from Chi Rho Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha
- SAU Student Critically Injured in Columbia, S.C. Shooting