The Office of First Year Experience and the Center for Global Engagement and Leadership spearheaded a Stop the Hunger Now community service project on Thursday, April 30. Within two hours, SAU students packaged 5,000 meals. Each package contained six meals.
The Stop Hunger Now’s meal packaging program is a volunteer-based program that coordinates the streamlined packaging of highly nutritious dehydrated meals comprised of rice, soy, vegetables, flavoring and 21 essential vitamins and minerals. The program targets school feeding and transformational development programs. For more information about Stop Hunger Now, visit www.stophungernow.org.
Latest from Saint Augustine's University
- Saint Augustine’s University Convocation Celebrates Sesquicentennial and HBCU Week
- The 2017 Saint Augustine's Legacy Tour: Celebrating 150 Years
- SAU hosts community town hall on health care legislation
- The Welcoming of the Bishop
- Saint Augustine's University Appoints New Leadership for Adult Learning Program