Saint Augustine’s University (SAU) president, Dr. Everett B. Ward, joined by board of trustee members, students, and representatives of ABL Management and DK & Sons Construction Company, broke ground for a new student clubhouse. The 1500-sq. ft. building will be an extension of the university-owned Falkcrest apartment complex.
The new clubhouse will offer students an additional place on campus to gather for leisure or study, and will feature amenities such a sitting area, laundry area, kitchenette and games.
Rodney E. Gaddy, chairman of the SAU Board of Trustees stated, “The most important thing that happens at Saint Augustine’s, of course, is the education of our students. But when you can do that and create an environment in which they are thriving as well, things like a groundbreaking for a clubhouse are really exciting.”
Student Government Association Board of Trustees representative, Kendrick Cunningham also addressed attendees, which included SAU students, faculty, staff and alumni, stating, “On behalf of the student body, and on behalf of the Student Government Association, I’d like to thank ABL and Dr. Ward.”
Construction of the Falkcrest clubhouse is scheduled to be completed by the fall semester.
Latest from Saint Augustine's University
- Professor Baucum earns doctorate
- Saint Augustine’s University wins $25,000 grant from the 100,000 Strong in the Americas/Marlene M. Johnson Innovation Challenge
- SAU student attends Why Serve Episcopalian Conference in Chicago
- Assistant Professor of International Studies awarded Ph.D. degree
- Dr. Kanton Reynolds announced AIEA Presidential Fellow