On Saturday, August 26, the Department of Public Health at Saint Augustine's University (SAU) hosted, "The Health Care Bill: What You Should Know," a community town hall meeting discussing the Affordable Care Act and the impact on the community if it is repealed. The event, which took place at the Tarboro Road Community Center in Raleigh, was an open forum with Congressman David Price; Dr. Charles Cook of Raleigh Associated Medical; and, Attorney Nicole Dozier of the North Carolina Justice Center as panelists. The forum was moderated by Dr. Kelcy Walker, assistant professor of public health at Saint Augustine's University.
Dr. Derrick L. Sauls, the department chair of the public health program at SAU looks to continue the department's impact on the community. He stated, "The program is part of a series of events in which the public health department will give back to the community; our motto is 'Service Outside the Gate.'"
Image via Kendrick Cunningham
Pictured (L-R): Kendrick Cunningham, SAU Student Body Trustee; Attorney Nicole Dozier of the NC Justice Center; and, Congressman David Price
Image via NC Health Advocacy
Pictured (L-R): Dr. Charles Cook, Congressman David Price, Attorney Nicole Dozier
Latest from Saint Augustine's University
- Saint Augustine’s University Convocation Celebrates Sesquicentennial and HBCU Week
- The 2017 Saint Augustine's Legacy Tour: Celebrating 150 Years
- The Welcoming of the Bishop
- Saint Augustine's University Appoints New Leadership for Adult Learning Program
- Public Health Student to Showcase Work at National Conference