On February 22, 2017, 9 scholars were inducted into the Alpha Kappa Mu National Honors Society. Officers of the Alpha Alpha chapter of Alpha Kappa Mu conducted the formal induction ceremony recognizing university students for their scholastic achievements. The inducted members were:
Alexis Gaddy, Junior, Accounting major, 3-time recipient of Dean’s and Provost’s List
Brittany Jennings, Junior, Sociology major
Willie Mosley, Junior, Religious Studies major, Previous Pastor of Evans Grove Missionary Baptist Church
Marley Parker, Junior, Exercise Science major, Scholar-Athlete (Softball)
Elisa Ray, Junior, Exercise Science major
Karen Redmon, Senior, Organizational Mnagement major
Shawn Rowe, Senior, Criminal Justice major, Scholar-Athlete (Track and Field)
Genele Tulloch, Junior, Engineering (Mathematics) major
Terria Vaughan, Senior, Exercise Science major
The new members were led through the ceremony, which emphasizes the Society’s values of character, scholarship, citizenship, service and leadership. Alpha Kappa Mu invitations are extended to upper-class students with 60 credit hours or more with a grade point average of at least 3.3.
Congratulations to these scholars for all their accomplishments and their rigorous pursuit of academic excellence.
Alpha Kappa Mu was founded in 1937 and its purpose is to recognize and reward high academic achievement and encourage young men and women to appreciate the roles they must play as participating citizens in a democratic social order.
Latest from Saint Augustine's University
- SAU Student Leader Urges a Response to Charlottesville
- STEM students back to campus after summer internships
- Saint Augustine's University Begins New Fiscal Year with High Hopes after Bringing in Over $7.8 Million during the 2016-2017 Year
- Saint Augustine's University students chosen for Sheen Magazine's HBCU Ambassador Program
- WAUG celebrates 30 years of service, introduces new programming