The Department of Public Health and Exercise Science is excited to announce that Mr. Keshawn Carter, senior Public Health major, will showcase his PSA about the Falcons Fly Tobacco-Free Project at the American Public Health Association (APHA) General Meeting and Expo in Atlanta, GA November 4th-8th as part of the Global Public Health Film Festival.
Mr. Carter has worked countless hours as the Public Health Intern under the direction of April McCoy, Program Assistant/Assistant Professor in the Department of Public Health. He has worked diligently on establishing a tobacco-free policy, conducting various activities and programming on campus to support the passing of the policy. In addition, he is spearheading the planning process of the Saint Augustine’s University and Shaw University Presents: Together We Can: One Health, One Body HBCU Summit to be held on November 2, 2017 on our campus from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. (registration coming soon).
The department is proud of the work Mr. Carter has put in and continues to do to make our campus a safer environment for all students, faculty and staff. Falcon Pride, Personified!!!
To view the PSA click here: https://youtu.be/SzaboMCG2oo
Latest from Saint Augustine's University
- UNCF Study Finds Saint Augustine's University to be a Positive Economic Impact
- "Global Leadership: Exploring Diverse Worldviews" 2017 Student Global Leadership Conference
- Dr. Kelcy T. Walker presents at the American Public Health Association Annual Meeting & Expo
- Coach Parker is now Dr. Parker
- SAU Holds Free Digital Literacy Courses for Eastern NC Counties