Saint Augustine's University (SAU) scholars Bercario Bodie, Jaszmin Powell and Zariah Rudulph-Settles were recently selected to participate in the 2017 Sheen Magazine HBCU Ambassador Program. According to Sheen Magazine, the objective for the program is "to transform inductive theory into a real-life practicum." As ambassadors, the students will receive mentorship and promote the global agenda of Sheen Magazine and the Chapman Foundation.
Sheen Magazine is a bi-monthly lifestyle and beauty publication with international distribution. The Chapman Foundation is a nonprofit organization created to "receive and administer financial contributions for scholarships and charitable contributions in accordance with the IRS."
Dr. Sheria Rowe, Department Chair of SAU's School of Business, Management and Technology invited students to Sheen Magazine's Brand Ambassador Program Presentation in April of this year. Interested students were interviewed following the presentation. Upon the news of the three SAU students being selected for the opportunity, Dr. Rowe stated, "I am confident that our students will receive great mentorship, guidance, and real-world experience during this program. The Sheen Magazine team has always been amazing to work with and they have a passion for supporting HBCUs."
Please join us in congratulating Bercario, Jaszmin and Zariah on this exciting opportunity!
Latest from Saint Augustine's University
- SAU Student Leader Urges a Response to Charlottesville
- STEM students back to campus after summer internships
- Saint Augustine's University Begins New Fiscal Year with High Hopes after Bringing in Over $7.8 Million during the 2016-2017 Year
- WAUG celebrates 30 years of service, introduces new programming
- SAU celebrates 150th anniversary of signing of University charter with special service of the Holy Eucharist and a musical celebration