Summer Orientation is designed to provide everything you need for a successful start to classes in the fall. Saint Augustine’s University is dedicated to your success and following all necessary precautions to transition students successfully through Summer Orientation into the Fall Semester.
Summer Orientation 2023
We are excited you are joining us for Fall 2023. Whether you are coming as a first-year student or a transfer student, our Summer Orientation will ensure that your transition to Saint Augustine’s University is smooth and enjoyable.
Through our Summer Orientation program, students will:
- connect with peers in meaningful ways and share experiences to broaden their community
- discover Saint Augustine’s University traditions and campus culture
- learn about and deepen their understanding of the University’s services and procedures that students and families use throughout their time at Saint Augustine’s University
- intellectually engage with faculty, staff, and other students to strengthen their understanding of the academic expectations of the college experience, including the General Education curriculum, engaged learning, and academic advising
- register for their fall class (first-year students) or full-year schedule (transfer students)
Summer Orientation: Becoming a Falcon
An important step in preparing for your arrival as a new Saint Augustine’s student is to participate in an orientation session. Designed to provide you and your family with additional information and support for your transition to Saint Augustine’s University, orientation is a required part of your Falcon experience. Additional details will be provided following registration for an Orientation session.
Before You Come
There are four steps you should complete prior to your selected registration session:
- Register for the SOAR date that is convenient for you and your family. Click here for dates
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For tips on how to complete a FAFSA application, please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. To schedule a virtual appointment with Financial Aid staff, please email email@example.com
- Pay your housing fee of $200 if you haven’t done so already. Pay now
- SAU health clearance forms. Find and fill out the forms here.
What to Expect
During Summer Orientation, you will develop your schedule of fall classes with the assistance of academic advisors, faculty in your major, and Office of Admission staff members. Additionally, you will meet current students, talk with student services representatives, and make friends with other students.
Students will be able to:
- Talk with various student services offices
- Enroll in fall semester classes
- Meeting future Bulldogs virtually
The SOAR sessions include:
- Schedule fall semester classes
- Complete various placement/assessment inventory
- Review financial aid award (Estimated Aid)
- Complete health clearance and all other admissions requirements
- Secure room assignment
- Receive an estimated bill from the Business Office (Billing and Assessments verifies that you are being charged correctly)